Dutch Auschwitz Committee
The underlying principle of the Dutch Auschwitz Committee is to give substance to the motto Never Again Auschwitz.
To achieve this, the Dutch Auschwitz Committee has adopted the following objectives:
- To commemorate the Holocaust and to pass on the knowledge about it.
- To promote general principles of non-discrimination as well as to protect basic rights, as set down in article 1 of the Dutch Constitution.
- To react against severe violations of human rights.
The activities of the Dutch Auschwitz Committee for substantiating these objectives:
- The annual Holocaust Memorial Day / Auschwitz Memorial Ceremony at the Mirror Memorial Never Again Auschwitz, followed by a meeting for all interested parties.
- The annual Never Again Auschwitz Lecture.
- Participation in the annually organised Holocaust Memorial Day in the Netherlands by means of the aforementioned activities, but also including additional activities.
- Publishing and distributing the Auschwitz Bulletin.
- Arranging and accompanying organised trips to Auschwitz and to other camps in Poland.
- Financial assistance for projects by means of the Dutch Auschwitz Committee Support Fund.
- Maintaining contact with and being represented in the International Auschwitz Committee (IAK)
• Response to current developments whenever these constitute discrimination and/or infringement of basic rights; being alert in general to the phenomenon of genocide.
Amsterdam demonstrates on 14 December 1980 'against fascism, racism, and anti-Semitism'.
Photo: Pieter Boersma